University of Michigan, School of Information (UM), Ann Arbor, MI, April 2012
Master of Science in Information, specialization in Human-Centered Interaction
University of Washington (UW), Seattle, WA, December 2009
Bachelor of Science, Psychology
Bachelor of of Arts, English Literature
Minor in Architectural Studies
Creative Writing Study Abroad Program in Rome, UW, July 2009
Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research, Ann Arbor, MI
User Experience Designer & Usability Auditor, Oct 2010 – May 2011, Sept 2011 – In Progress
- Designed effective user interface based on user research for retaining active volunteers.
- Designed web application and study enrollment questionnaire to help potential volunteers be matched with health research study participation.
Trend Micro – Internet Security Summer Internship, Taipei, Taiwan
User Experience Researcher Intern, May – August, 2011
- Enacted internal end-to-end testing, usability testing, expert analysis, wireframe review, comparative analysis, on Consumer product of Titanium Maximum Security 2012.
- Weekly presentation of new UX research methods to the Human Interface Engineering team.
Choral Arts Society of Washington, Washington, District of Columbia
Alternative Spring Break Project as Organizational Assessment Intern, Feb – March, 2011
- Assisted with basic technology maintenance, such as documenting software technologies
- Created an effective electronic inventory system for a centralized software update management.
Medical Imaging Corporation, Taipei, Taiwan
Information Management Internship, February 2010
- Assisted in technical writing of company information for the development of corporate website.
- Managed information in an effective presentation manner, compiled data on corporate background, designed effective information systems that align with corporate incentives along with overall system goals.
CHI Competition: fridgeTop – Interactive Surface Bringing Family Together, Ann Arbor, MI
CHI 2012 Student Design Competition, Sept 2011 – Dec 2011
- Designed an interactive fridge surface for international students to increase the threshold of the kitchen’s perceived public space by fostering familiar family interactions.
- Top 16 teams out of 70 invited to attend CHI Conference in May, 2012 at Austin, Texas as semi-finalists
iDesign Competion: Aoide Music Library – Virtual Browsing Exploration, Ann Arbor, MI
University of Michigan’s MLibrary iDesign Competition, Jan 2011 – Ma¬¬y 2011
- Designing a new interpretation of the MLibrary audio collection through a new form of virtual browsing interface using interactive exploration timeline.
- Second place winner of iDesign MLibrary iDesign challenge.
The Living Postcard – an Interactive Digital Souvenir, Ann Arbor, MI
Graduate Course Project SI 612 Pervasive Interaction Design, Jan 2012 – In Progress
- Designed an interactive digital post-card souvenir for visitors to communicate bi-directionally.
- Objectives include promoting shareability of museum experience and memory augmentation.
- UX Methods: User Enactment, Experience Sampling, Speed Dating, Design Matrix, User Interview, Observation.
Molly Maid iPad Application, Ann Arbor, MI
Graduate Course Project SI682 Interface and Interaction Design, Sept 2011 – Dec 2011
- Designed an iPad application to help estimators to calculate prices real-time, while achieving several promotional pitches with the ultimate goal of promoting sales.
- UX Methods: Competitive Analysis, Persona and Audience Analysis, Wireframes, Use Case Reports, Prototyping
WebUrbanist.com: System Evaluation, Ann Arbor,MI
Graduate Course Project SI 622 Evaluation of Systems and Services, Jan 2011 – May 2011
- Evaluated client’s website, WebUrbanist in delivering a user-friendly platform.
- UX Methods: Personas and Scenarios, Comparative Evaluation, Heuristic Evaluation, Usability Testing, UX Research, Survey Testing, and User interviews
Probcast Probabilistic Weather Forecast Usability Research, Seattle, WA
Undergraduate Research Assistant of Decision Making with Uncertainty Lab, UW, August 2008 – Dec, 2009
- Enacted usability studies on the Probcast weather forecast website.
- Showcased at the12th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium at the University of Washington – “Probcast Usability Research” May 2009.
Residential Learning Community at University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
Cofounder and Board of Social Change Project, August, 2005 – May 2007
- First project: Promoted fair trade certified coffee products on campus
- Established conference for guest speakers of fair trade companies and farmers from Mexico
- Interviewed faculty and collected data on student opinion of the advocacy of fair trade products
- Other projects: Occasional trips to local orphanage in Tijuana, Mexico to deliver donated goods
Zaum Thirteen Publication, Santa Barbara, CA
Photography Artwork Publication, March, 2009
- Photography Artwork Released on Zaum Magazine, edition 13 by the English department at Sonoma State University
UX Methods: Usability Testing, Survey Design, Cardsorting, Contextual Inquiry, Affinity Diagramming, Heuristic Evaluation, Personas & Scenarios, Interaction Map, Competitive Analysis, End-to-end Testing, Expert Review, Experience Prototyping, Speed Dating, User Enactment
Programming: Python, Java, HTML/CSS, Google App Engine
Softwares: Axure, SPSS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Bridge
Languages: Mandarin (Fluent), English (Fluent), Taiwanese (Moderate), Japanese (3 years)
Relevant Coursework: Contextual Inquiry and Project Management, Evaluations of System and Services, Personal Informatics, Graphic Design, Applied Issues in Cognition, Fundamentals of Human Behavior, Design of Complex Websites, Entrepreneurship in the Information Industry, Pervasive Interaction Design